Sunday, March 09, 2014

Naomi Gay - Muse of the Week

You know those painters that you come across and you have to create a whole new folder for? Naomi Gay (Nam Nam) is one of those painters. If you look on her Facebook business page there are dozens of save-worthy photos of gorgeous and inspirational eye designs. And what's really fabulous about all of them is the uniqueness of them all. Some have feathers, swirls, tribals, roses, zebra stripes, dragon flies....WOW!

I noticed on her Facebook page that she is offering classes...Shame on you painters in the UK if you don't go. I would be there in a heart beat. Some of you know that my eye design board is my most popular at parties and makes me LOTS AND LOTS of money at fairs. I've even suggested to Marcela that she be invited to FABAIC in the future because I think eye designs are so valuable. They capture a whole market of tweens and adults that might not consider face painting otherwise.

Here is her professional Facebook page: NamNamsFacePainting

Here is her website: namnams.co.uk

Here is my attempt at one of her easier eye designs. You'll have to see if you can find it in her Facebook photos. Make sure you like her page while you are there. :) I'm hoping I'll get better and better at the swirls and flairs that are her signature, she makes them look so organic and effortless.


No comments: