Sunday, March 16, 2014

Marcela Murad - Muse of the Week

I should call her "Muse of the Year!" I've been in love with this painter's work for a very long time. I love that she's able to make little girls more adorable than they already are...you can tell from their expressions that they've never felt more the princess than they do in that moment. A quick look at my Painted Party Facebook page will show her influence on my work.

Marcela is able to do fabulous detailed portfolio work but what I love the most are the photos of the work she shares from OTJ (on-the-job) gigs. They are as inspiring, if not more, to me because I know that if I practice enough, my quick work can be as fabulous as hers.

We invited Marcela to Salt Lake last year for the Enchanted Garden class. This butterfly is an homage to that class, even down to the copper Liquid Bling I was given as a take away gift. If you aren't a member of FABAtv you are missing out. Marcela has many classes on there, including the Enchanted Garden class, and I watch her over and over.

This post is also very appropriate because, quite unexpectedly, I find myself going to FABAIC this May! Marcela has graciously offered to let me demonstrate, along side her, a Starblend design while I'm there. She too is a big fan of the powders.

This is an amazing opportunity and I'm so excited to be surrounded by fabulous instructors and painters from around the world. I have a full heart, not only for her generosity but for the wonderful friends and loved ones that made it possible for me to go. Thank you Marcela!



No comments: