Monday, March 24, 2014

Laura Oliver - Muse of the Week

Laura Oliver
Laura Oliver is known for her elaborate flower designs and they are gorgeous (as you can see!) but I became a huge fan of hers almost two years ago because she was posting these perfect quick designs done with one-stroke cakes. They weren't elaborate, maybe just two loads and some tear drops...but the placement, the fabulous use of color in combos I would never think of and that they were DOABLE got them on my design board. Her simple blossom cluster has been my MOST popular eye design two years running. Another favorite, the rainbow roses crown, makes moms gasp at every party because it's so flattering and darling.

Denise & Laura
We invited Laura to come and teach in Salt Lake last year and I got to know her even better and what a lovely person she is. She was a generous teacher and very encouraging and kind. She had us all making these elaborate flower designs (even the most ardant "I can't do one-stroke!" painters) and then decorated us with one-of-a-kind eye designs. She got me buying gems again when I'd given up on them and girls love them. She couldn't be a nicer lady, painter and now I consider her a friend and hope we can meet up at some conference again in the future.

I chose to paint myself with the flower blossoms that I've been painting for two years in different combinations. I'll paint them in a cluster like this or as a crown or even a necklace, as I've seen her do too. They are simple and girls and ladies love them. I stuck on a cluster of Laura's favorite gems from Michaels and added lots of star bursts in her honor.

Here's her website:
Face Fancies (there's a funny story about her phone and her business name, you'll have to ask her about it.)

And her Facebook Business page:
FaceFanciesFacePainting



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awww, what a lovely story. You are both so giving in this communty...I can hardly wait to meet you both...xo